Responsible to: Lead Animal Caregiver
Function: To provide physical and emotional care to all shelter pets.
1. Keeps all animal areas clean and sanitary, including but not limited to cages, kennels and surrounding facilities (floors, walls, etc.) Scooping litter and kennels when needed.
2. Provides food and water to shelter animals as appropriate.
3. Washes/grooms animals as needed or assigned.
4. Daily provides physical attention and emotional support to all shelter animals. (ie petting, playing, talking)
5. Reports any illness or temperament problems to medical personnel or behavior staff and/or Lead.
6. Reports any problems with facilities or equipment to Lead.
7. Does laundry and other housekeeping tasks as needed or assigned.
8. Interacts with customers and volunteers as necessary to direct them to the appropriate areas. Guides them in accordance with shelter policies and procedures.
9. Works closely with the Behavior Department to assist in Dog Play Groups and walking dogs.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience in caring for companion animals; excellent customer service skills; good organizational skills; ability to work as a member of a team. Must be comfortable around all types and sizes of dogs. Must be able to lift 40 #.
High school diploma or GED, additional training or college credits in animal care field desirable. NYS Driver’s license. Physical condition commensurate with responsibilities of the job.
Interested applicants should e-mail their application to Lead Animal Care Specialist Kelly Joslyn at Kjoslyn@spcapet.com, or stop by the Chautauqua County Humane Society, 2825 Strunk Road, Jamestown, NY to pick up an application.
The Chautauqua County Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.